Assistant Store Manager (f/m/d)
Patagonia is an outdoor apparel company founded in 1973. At a time when all life on earth is under threat of extinction, we aim to use the resources we have—our business, our investments, our voice and our imagination—to influence changes needed to protect our planet. A registered B Corporation and founding member of 1% for the Planet, Patagonia is recognised internationally for its commitment to product quality and environmental activism, contributing over $145 million in grants and in-kind donations to thousands of grassroots environmental groups around the world.
We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this mission by providing a complete shopping experience for our customers, supporting the Store Manager and being an ambassador of the brand.
• Provide high level of customer service, where every customer is treated with respect.
• Talk confidently to the customers about our products, values and history.
• Show passion for the brand to every customer and convey what makes us unique.
• Be an environmental ambassador with our customers by leading on environmental initiatives and environmental storytelling, together with the Sales Associates and the environmental team.
• Maintain high merchandising values that reflect the Patagonia image by being creative, educational, inviting, and expressive.
• Inspire employees so that each person contributes to the productivity of the store.
• Be responsible for opening and closing the store and securing all store assets.
• Act as the go-to person for the store team when the Retail Store Manager is absent. Ensure an update and overview of the store.
What we’re looking for:
• A love of the outdoors
• A passion for saving our home planet and making a positive impact through your work
• Minimum 2 years of experience in retail or related customer service experience.
• Language skills: fluent in Italian and in English. Other languages are a plus.
• Excellent customer service and sales skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to effectively train, delegate and set clear expectations.
• Ability to work in a self-motivated environment. Pro-active based thinking.
• Demonstrated flexibility on the job
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to effectively work in a team.
It’s a plus if you also have the following:
• Stock management experience
• Personal or professional experience with outdoor sports
• Patagonia product experience/knowledge
Other important details:
• This is a Full-time position based in Milan store.
• We strive to make unbiased decisions and to offer a great experience to every person who applies for a role at Patagonia. Our interviews include standardized questions that focus on the aspects that are important for success in the role.
Why join our store?
Our stores are designed to be hubs for our communities, where we inspire, educate and engage with environmental and social defenders and those who love wild places and outdoor sports. For example, we support local groups with grants, donations, volunteers, advocacy, and events.
You will join a passionate team working to protect the wild places around us and changing the retail industry for the better, whilst having fun together.
To find out more about what we offer our employees click here: https://eu.patagonia.com/nl/en/what-we-offer/
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies.