Executive Assistant to General Manager EMEA (f/m/d)
Patagonia is an outdoor apparel company founded in 1973. At a time when all life on earth is under threat of extinction, we aim to use the resources we have—our business, our investments, our voice and our imagination—to influence changes needed to protect our planet. A registered B Corporation and founding member of 1% for the Planet, Patagonia is recognised internationally for its commitment to product quality and environmental activism, contributing over $145 million in grants and in-kind donations to thousands of grassroots environmental groups around the world.
We’re in business to save our home planet. As the Executive Assistant reporting directly to the GM EMEA, you contribute to this by providing executive support to help manage and organize the GM’s workflow in a manner which is efficient, effective and customer service oriented. You act as the primary point of contact between the GM EMEA and internal/external stakeholders. You are responsible for performing administrative and general office management duties of a responsible and confidential nature.
• Support the GM and the Executive Leadership Team EMEA with leadership communication through planning and facilitating townhalls, meetings with extended leadership groups and employee committees.
• Assist GM with preparing monthly board reports and other reports or updates to the US Headquarter.
• Assist GM with annual strategic planning process coordination and follow-up and other strategically important work.
• Ensure well-organized Leadership team meetings through agenda management and coordination and supporting the facilitation of meetings and follow-up on actions including reminders.
• Assist GM in planning offsites – finding suitable dates, booking work locations, accommodations, travels etc. as necessary as well as putting together the agenda.
• Prepare presentations and other communication tools in support of key meetings.
• Capturing minutes of meetings as designated by the GM and follow up on actions and tasks.
• From time to time as designated by the GM to support individual EMEA leadership team members on preparation for EMEA leadership offsites or all company team meetings.
• From time to time take on projects to support the GM and the Patagonia EMEA organization.
• Support the GM EMEA in managing day-to-day work flow and help to keep organized and on track and prioritize sensitive matters.
• Plan, manage, and co-ordinate travel logistics and the GM’s travel calendar from harmonizing modes of transport to visa applications.
• Process expenses for GM EMEA.
• Responsible for reading, researching, and routing correspondence; collecting and analyzing all incoming information; draft emails and letters, presentations, and report, e.g. media request, internal and external presentations.
• Assist GM with coordinating initiatives, processes and communication both internally and externally.
• Set-up, coordinate, and communicate multi-party conference and video calls.
What we’re looking for:
• A love of the outdoors
• A passion for saving our home planet and making a positive impact through your work
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience supporting Senior Leadership teams to C-suite executives
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including senior management, other employees and external partners, with service-oriented mindset
• Fluency in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience and interest in internal and external communications
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), Adobe Acrobat
• Strong PowerPoint skills, including understanding of how to build presentations to communicate effectively
• Ability to synthesize and summarize information to provide simple and clear messages
• Ability in assembling, compiling, analyzing and summarizing data
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with decision-making capability
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be effective independently
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of service and response
• Demonstrated ability to achieve goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
• Strong time management capabilities
• Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Other important details:
• This is a Full-time position based in Amsterdam.
• We have a hybrid work model, working from home for maximum 3 days per week. This role requires flexibility to be in the office more often if needed and be open to sometimes irregular working hours (due to the time zones difference with other Patagonia offices). This position will also at times require business travel within the Netherlands and to other countries.
• We strive to make unbiased decisions and to offer a great experience to every person who applies for a role at Patagonia. Our interviews include standardized questions that focus on the aspects that are important for success in the role. For this role there will also be a practical assignment, where you can showcase your skills.
To find out more about what we offer our employees click here: https://eu.patagonia.com/nl/en/what-we-offer/
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies.