IT Helpdesk and Support intern (f/m/d) - 6 months
Patagonia is an outdoor apparel company founded in 1973. At a time when all life on earth is under threat of extinction, we aim to use the resources we have—our business, our investments, our voice and our imagination—to influence changes needed to protect our planet. A registered B Corporation and founding member of 1% for the Planet, Patagonia is recognised internationally for its commitment to product quality and environmental activism, contributing over $145 million in grants and in-kind donations to thousands of grassroots environmental groups around the world.
We are in business to save our home planet. You’ll be helping us achieve this by this by joining our System Administrator and our Helpdesk & Retail support team in supporting the end-users of the Patagonia offices in Europe when they need assistance with issues and questions related to IT.
This internship will help you acquire skills in troubleshooting technical issues and provide you with knowledge of various IT operations processes and systems
Your main task will be under the guidance and support of your supervisor, carrying out a series of laptop upgrades as part of an internal project. This will involve:
• configuring our newest laptops and helping end-users migrating to them
• making sure that everything they need for their role is installed and ready for use
• track and manage the lifecycle of IT assets
You will also learn IT skills by helping Helpdesk & Retail support team with the following:
• empower end-users to log IT incidents, requests and changes through our ticketing system.
• keep end-users informed as to the status of open tickets.
• provide local and remote Level 1 IT support and escalate to Level 2 technical / functional support when necessary.
What we’re looking for:
• A love of the outdoors
• A passion for saving our home planet and making a positive impact through your internship
• Enrolled in higher education studies related to IT fields or other IT related professional training for the duration of the internship.
• Fluency in spoken and written English, other languages are a plus.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to work within a multicultural environment.
• Proficiency in Windows 10, Office 365 applications.
• Ability to set-up a user workspace by installing a docking station, screen and connecting cables. Some experience in this are a would be preferable.
• Familiarity with Cloud-based computing, like Microsoft Azure, is a plus.
• Familiarity with macOS and iOS is an additional advantage
Other important details:
• This is a full-time internship based in Amsterdam beginning in January/February 2023.
• We have a hybrid work model, working from home for maximum 3 days per week.
• We strive to make unbiased decisions and to offer a great experience to every person who applies for a role at Patagonia. Our interviews include standardised questions that focus on the aspects that are important for success in the role.
Note: Below is only an indicative list and may change at the time an internship offer is made.
• Monthly allowance
• Events and workshops with environmentalists, change-makers, educators and sports ambassadors
• Taking part in groups such as Sports, Internal Communications, Footprint, Pride, Pata Parents and Events, or create your own!
• We have dog-friendly offices where you can bring your furry friend
• All employees, interns and their families have access to our Employee Assistance Programme, designed to provide third party, confidential support on a wide range of topics relating to emotional, behavioral and social challenges
• All employees and interns have access to Unmind, our workplace mental health platform
• Possibility to schedule your work hours flexibly (compensating missed hours during the week) to do volunteer work, care for loved ones, enjoy the outdoors, or spend more time to pursue your passions
• After 1 month, it’s possible to work remotely from another location in EU/EEA, UK or Switzerland for up to 12 weeks per year (pro-rated for less than 1 year).
• Access to Patagonia discounts and sample sales, as well as discounts at other outdoor and value-aligned companies
• Plus other benefits specific to each region
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies