Marketing Intern (f/m/d) – 6 months
Patagonia is an outdoor apparel company founded in 1973. At a time when all life on earth is under threat of extinction, we aim to use the resources we have—our business, our investments, our voice and our imagination—to influence changes needed to protect our planet. A registered B Corporation and founding member of 1% for the Planet, Patagonia is recognised internationally for its commitment to product quality and environmental activism, contributing over $145 million in grants and in-kind donations to thousands of grassroots environmental groups around the world.
We are in business to save our home planet. You’ll be helping us achieve this by supporting the Patagonia EMEA Marketing team in two main areas:
Firstly, assisting the various marketing functions (brand, digital, design) with project management and their go-to-market plans.
And secondly, working with the marketing operations team to develop and enrich a new European-focused digital asset manager that will serve as a distribution platform of marketing toolkits to our various regions across relevant markets.
• Assist with marketing calendar management alongside the marketing operations manager and coordinator. This will span digital, retail and wholesale.
• Support Digital Operations Coordinator with onboarding of new email marketing technology (Klaviyo).
• Support expansion of global digital asset management solution into Europe (Bynder).
• Contribute to the development and optimization of the marketing operations workflow. Both downstream from Global to EMEA, and upstream from EMEA to Global. Identify opportunities and implement them in our project management framework.
• Working with the marketing operations team to compile post-campaign reporting.
• Create periodic marketing activity and resource usage summaries.
What we’re looking for:
• A love of the outdoors
• A passion for saving our home planet and making a positive impact through your internship
• Enrolled in University or higher education studies related to Marketing, Communications, Business or similar for the duration of the internship.
• Fluency in English, other languages are a plus
• Good organizational and analytical skills
• Flexible attitude and strong pro-active behaviour
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Strong communication skills
• Interested in leveraging technology to solve marketing challenges.
Other important details:
• This is a full-time internship based in Amsterdam, it will take 6 months starting from 1st of March 2023.
• The deadline for the applications – 1st of February 2023; the interviews with the selected candidates will be scheduled on the 7th of February 2023.
• We have a hybrid work model, working from home for maximum 3 days per week.
• We strive to make unbiased decisions and to offer a great experience to every person who applies for a role at Patagonia. Our interviews include standardised questions that focus on the aspects that are important for success in the role.
Note: Below is only an indicative list and may change at the time an internship offer is made.
• Monthly allowance
• Events and workshops with environmentalists, change-makers, educators and sports ambassadors
• Taking part in groups such as Sports, Internal Communications, Footprint, Pride, Pata Parents and Events, or create your own!
• We have dog-friendly offices where you can bring your furry friend
• All employees, interns and their families have access to our Employee Assistance Programme, designed to provide third party, confidential support on a wide range of topics relating to emotional, behavioral and social challenges
• All employees and interns have access to Unmind, our workplace mental health platform
• Possibility to schedule your work hours flexibly (compensating missed hours during the week) to do volunteer work, care for loved ones, enjoy the outdoors, or spend more time to pursue your passions
• After 1 month, it’s possible to work remotely from another location in EU/EEA, UK or Switzerland for up to 12 weeks per year (pro-rated for less than 1 year).
• Access to Patagonia discounts and sample sales, as well as discounts at other outdoor and value-aligned companies
• Plus other benefits specific to each region
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies