D365 F&O Software Developer (f/m/d)
Patagonia is an outdoor apparel company founded in 1973. At a time when all life on earth is under threat of extinction, we aim to use the resources we have—our business, our investments, our voice and our imagination—to influence changes needed to protect our planet. A registered B Corporation and founding member of 1% for the Planet, Patagonia is recognised internationally for its commitment to product quality and environmental activism, contributing over $145 million in grants and in-kind donations to thousands of grassroots environmental groups around the world.
We are in business to save our home planet. You’ll be helping us achieve this by engineering and developing reliable and performant change of Microsoft D365 F&O (Finance & Operations) and integrated systems and solutions to enable Patagonia’s steady growth and foster a positive community for all employees.
You will be responsible for the application lifecycle from the gathering of requirements to troubleshooting full stack architectures, and implementing enhancements and bug fixes.
• Key player in our D365 F&O Application team, responsible for designing and developing customized solutions within the D365F&O platform. This includes coding, unit testing, building applications, and creating, modifying and troubleshooting existing applications
• CI/CD practices for Dynamics 365 F&O workflow with Git, and comfortable working in an environment with processes around automating the builds, test, and deployment pipelines for our Dynamics 365 F&O applications.
• Ensure that code is deployed to production in a timely and efficient manner
• Perform detailed investigative work for potential projects and actively contribute to our Knowledge Management database.
• Analyze business requirements and produce design specifications and related documentation for processes in the systems
• Work with Global Business Technology teams (US) to ensure that the application changes and enhancements are consistent across all regions and channels and in line with the global roadmap for the program.
• Works cross-functionally and cross-regionally with technology partners, suppliers, and other teams to ensure successful execution of projects and programs
• Estimate required time and resources to complete assigned projects or assignments and support planning efforts promoting project’s completion according to schedule.
• Collaborate and share knowledge with other technical teams, both inside Patagonia and externally with vendors/support.
• Review changes in code, design, and operation in a collaborative environment and being comfortable when receiving constructive feedback.
• Support internal cross-functional teams that need developer input.
• Coordinate and implement release and build schedules with the appropriate department and coordinate with other technical
• Provide Tier 3 Support through a coordinated effort with the IT team and external partners.
• Support and lead, where required, change management activities associated with new technological feature launches.
What we’re looking for:
• A love of the outdoors
• A passion for saving our home planet and making a positive impact through your work
• Education background in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and/or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of experience in programming X++ or related object-oriented programming language
• Proven experience working on long-term software development projects and day-to-day program maintenance responsibilities
• Microsoft D365FO, AX2012, or AX2009 experience required;
• Familiarity with Dynamics 365 F&O application development and deployment
• Experience with tools for development, profiling, and debugging of AX09, AX2012, or D365FO required. (e.g.: Ex. Visual Studio, SQL)
• Knowledge and experience in Azure DevOps pipelines or similar CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Gitlab CI/CD
• Experienced with Server Management Studio
• Self-start, flexible, adaptable, and studious attitude
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, team player
• Ability to remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibility
• Fluent English is a must
It’s a plus if you also have the following:
• Familiarity with Retail Module (mPOS, cPOS, RCSU)
• Experience with developing and troubleshooting parallel applications
Other important details:
• This is a full-time position, based in Amsterdam
• We have a hybrid work model, working from home for maximum 3 (full-time roles) days per week
We strive to make unbiased decisions and to offer a great experience to every person who applies for a role at Patagonia. Our interviews include standardised questions that focus on the aspects that are important for success in the role
• Events and workshops with environmentalists, change-makers, educators and sports ambassadors
• Taking part in employee-lead groups such as Sports, Internal Communications, Footprint, Pride, Pata Parents and Events, or create your own!
• Ongoing unique learning and development opportunities such as our own program Earth University and workshops in anti-racism, core sports, among others.
• Possibility to apply for an Environmental Internship (spending time away from your regular job to work for an environmental group, while being paid your regular salary) after one year of employment
• Option to participate in our 1% for the Planet grants council, being trained and empowered to review and make funding decisions on the grant applications from environmental groups.
• We have dog-friendly offices where employees can bring their furry friend to work
• We are an activist company and have policies in place to support employees that want to engage in activism.
• All employees interns and their families have access to our Employee Assistance Program, designed to provide third party, confidential support on a wide range of topics relating to emotional, behavioral and social challenges
• All employees and interns have access to Unmind, our workplace mental health platform
• Possibility to schedule your work hours flexibly (compensating missed hours during the week) to do volunteer work, care for loved ones, enjoy the outdoors, or spend more time to pursue your passions
• After 1 month of employment, it’s possible to work remotely from another location in EU/EEA, UK or Switzerland for up to 12 weeks per year (pro-rated for less than 1 year)
• Fully paid maternity leave (duration varies by country). After nine months of employment, we offer 12 weeks of partner leave and 12 weeks of adoptive leave. Pro-rated for part-time employees.
• Access to Patagonia discounts and sample sales, as well as discounts at other outdoor and value-aligned companies
• Plus other benefits specific to each region
Note: the above mentioned is only an indicative list and may change at the time an offer of employment is made.
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies.