We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this mission by Supporting the Credit Manager in managing the accounts receivable to reduce aged debt and increase cash flow. Tasks include preparing account and customer information in anticipation for weekly reviews with the Credit Manager and working closely with Dealer Service and Sales departments to manage any potential disputes that may delay payments and deliveries. Italy is your primary market, however you are expected to support other markets if required.
• Daily input and application of multicurrency bank and cash receipts.
• Assist the Credit Manager with the reminder and recovery process for wholesale accounts receivable in Italy. You are expected to support other markets throughout Europe as well.
• Assist the Credit Manager with checks on credit worthiness for new wholesale accounts and on an ongoing basis for existing accounts.
• Deposit of cheques at the bank.
• Prepare the Direct Debit files to be reviewed by your manager and send them to the bank.
• Perform day-to-day recording of the bank transactions in different currencies for the European wholesale operations; multi-currency bank account reconciliations, and European accounts receivable monitoring and recovery.
• Management of the blocked orders.
• Sending out the invoices on a daily basis.
• Updating currency exchange rates on a weekly basis.
• Monthly reconciliation of multicurrency bank accounts.
• Assist Credit Manager with monthly sales commission payment calculations.
• Performance of bank reconciliations for all bank accounts in Patagonia Europe.
Other Job Functions
• As regularly as possible, contact customers by phone and email. It is important for this position to build and maintain strong relationships with our clients and the sales organization.
• Regular follow up phone calls are necessary to monitor payment plans, due-date modifications.
• Credit checks and legal follow-ups with external companies.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will be/have:
• Educational background in Accounting / Finance.
• 2-3 years’ experience minimum in Credit Control.
• Fluent in English, native in Italian
• High level of adaptability given the cultural differences across Europe.
• Attention to detail, accuracy, open mind and excellent communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel. Knowledge in Microsoft Dynamics AX is a plus.
• International and especially European experience preferable.
• Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies