Assistant Store Manager
We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this mission by providing a complete shopping experience for our customers, supporting the Store Manager and being an ambassador of the brand.
• Provide best in class customer service, where every customer is treated with great importance and respect.
• Talk confidently to the customers about our products, values and history.
• Show passion for the brand to every customer and convey what makes us unique.
• Be an environmental ambassador by leading on environmental initiatives and environmental storytelling, together with the Sales Associates and the environmental team.
• Maintain high merchandising values that reflect the Patagonia image by being creative, educational, inviting, and expressive.
• Inspire employees so that each person contributes to the productivity of the store.
• Be responsible for opening and closing the store and securing all store assets.
• Act as the go-to person for the store team when the Retail Store Manager is absent. Ensure an update and overview of the store.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will be/have:
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience in retail or related customer service experience.
• Language skills: fluent in English and French. Other languages are a plus.
• Excellent customer service and sales skills.
• Stock management experience is a plus.
• Patagonia product experience/knowledge is a plus.
• Personal or professional experience with outdoor sports is a plus.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to effectively train, delegate and set clear expectations.
• Ability to work in a self-motivated environment. Pro-active based thinking.
• Demonstrated flexibility on the job
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to effectively work in a team.
• Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies