Mountain and Trail Business Unit Buyer (f/m/d)
We are in business to save our home planet. You’ll be helping us achieve this by leading the Mountain and trail product categories in EMEA region. In close collaboration with key stakeholder such as Channel Merchandising, Demand Planning, Sales, Marketing and Global product teams you will create the correct assortment for all channels (wholesale, retail and ecommerce) for Alpine, Snow, Trails, Hike & Equipment to ensure the Mountain Business Unit will achieve their business goals.
You’ll become the go-to person in reference to technical product categories and ensure the products vision across all channels for EMEA.
• Define the correct assortment and product strategy for your BU across all EMEA channels, gather product feedback and inform the Global product teams.
• Research and analyse data and market insights, search for insights into consumer needs and want; benchmark standards against industry competitors to evaluate competitiveness and best practices.
• Under the guidelines of the BU Buying Manager, price the line in all currencies, analyse margin and profitability of your categories in order to achieve business goals.
• Brief and partner with Channel Merchandising and Demand Planning teams on Mountain & Trail BU product newness, EMEA strategy, direction for future seasons, and initial forecasts.
• Track, monitor and steer stock levels across channels in direct contact with the dedicated teams.
• Deliver seasonal product presentations for key Go-To-Market (GTM) gates, Customer Service and PR agencies.
• Participate in the development of a GTM seasonal strategy for your categories with the support of sales & marketing.
• Partner and work closely with the wholesale, retail and ecommerce sale teams and merchandising teams in order to develop those categories adequately in every channel.
• Work closely with the marketing team to ensure that there is a clear marketing strategy to support the category objectives and that all product and community initiatives are appropriately supported.
What we’re looking for:
• An interest in saving our home planet and making a positive impact through your work
• At least 3 to 5 years of experienced in sales, buying or product merchandising within the outdoor apparel industry
• Demonstrable understanding of the outdoor market landscape in the EMEA region especially within alpine & snow
• Good eye for market trends (including colors trends), with analytical thinking and data driven approach
• Strong computer skills with a good knowledge of Excel
• Cross functional and collaborative thinking and ability to work with different stakeholders
• Strong presentation and communication skills
• Experience of working across EMEA region or for several countries
• Working experience in international environment and/or working with US HQ will be an advantage
• Fluent in English, in addition other European languages would be a plus
• A love of the outdoors especially mountains
Other important details:
• This is a full time position, based in Amsterdam
• We have a hybrid work model, working from home for maximum 3 days per week
• We strive to make unbiased decisions and to offer a great experience to every person who applies for a role at Patagonia. Our interviews include standardised questions that focus on the aspects that are important for success in the role. For some roles there will also be a practical assignment, where you can showcase your skills
To find out more about what we offer our employees click here: https://eu.patagonia.com/nl/en/what-we-offer/
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies.