Retail Repair Tech Specialist (f/m/d)
We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this purpose by performing repairs on technical outerwear, apparel, and bags for our customers in the sore.
By repairing our customer’s clothes, you won’t only play an active role in saving our home planet, but you will also keep alive the story of the products and help create more memories in the outdoors for our customers. You will be able to interact with our customers and see their satisfaction as they walk out of our store with their newly repaired product.
· Perform high quality repairs on our technical products using industrial sewing equipment.
· Attend walk-in customers with their repair needs.
· Dismantle all beyond repair items from all the trims and spare part we can REUSE – Zero waste.
· Manage the product intake and outtake. Keep our system up to date (when the repair admin is absent)
· Manage the inventory of trims (check the stock level, and fill the online forms to reorder, if needed) .
· Work as a team member to uphold quality, communication, and turn time standards.
What we’re looking for:
· A love of the outdoors
· A passion for saving our home planet and making a positive impact through your work
· Experience repairing technical products and/or outdoor textiles, such as outdoor sports gear, backpacks and luggage, down insulated jackets, Gore-Tex materials, etc.
· Experience using heat press machine.
· Experience working with industrial sewing machines. Basic sewing machine maintenance and troubleshooting.
· Basic understanding of all zipper line replacements.
· In depth level of knowledge around different layers, fabrics and their functions.
· Basic hand sewing skills.
· Language skills: Fluent German and English; in addition knowledge of other European languages will be a plus.
· Eager to learn and think outside the box when repairing products.
It’s a plus if you also have the following:
· Patternmaking skills
· Experience in repair engagement with end consumer
Other important details:
• This is full time position based in our Munich Store.
• The store is open 6 days per week. The number of scheduled hours per week may vary and you will be expected to be available to work at least one weekend day in two weeks.
• We strive to make unbiased decisions and to offer a great experience to every person who applies for a role at Patagonia. Our interviews include standardized questions that focus on the aspects that are important for success in the role. For this role there will also be a practical test, where you can showcase your skills.
Why join our store?
Our stores are designed to be hubs for our communities, where we inspire, educate and engage with environmental and social defenders and those who love wild places and outdoor sports. For example, we support local groups with grants, donations, volunteers, advocacy, and events.
You will join a passionate team working to protect the wild places around us and changing the retail industry for the better, whilst having fun together.
To find out more about what we offer our employees click here: https://eu.patagonia.com/nl/en/what-we-offer/
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies