Retail Store Manager (f/m/d)
Patagonia is an outdoor apparel company founded in 1973. At a time when all life on earth is under threat of extinction, we aim to use the resources we have—our business, our investments, our voice and our imagination—to influence changes needed to protect our planet. A registered B Corporation and founding member of 1% for the Planet, Patagonia is recognized internationally for its commitment to product quality and environmental activism, contributing over $145 million in grants and in-kind donations to thousands of grassroots environmental groups around the world.
We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this purpose by effectively managing our Retail Store in Munich.
• Uphold our company's purpose and be a voice in the community on environmental and social issues, using the store as a theatre to bring the issues to life to educate and inspire our customers. This includes organizing events to support the local NGO community, distribute grants for local NGOs and help drive the local Patagonia environmental agenda.
• Ensure the store provides the highest level of customer service possible.
• Be personally available to all customers to identify their needs and address their questions or concerns.
• Build a diverse team and create an inclusive environment in the store.
• In conjunction with the HR Europe team, hire people who pursue passions that relate to our products and philosophy.
• Inspire, train and develop the store employees and maintain a positive work environment.
• Achieve budgeted revenue goals and monitoring expenses.
• Maintain high merchandising values that reflect the Patagonia image.
What we’re looking for:
• A love of the outdoors
• A passion for saving our home planet and making a positive impact through your work
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in retail and in a customer-facing leadership role; experience in retail store management will be preferable
• Excellent team management skills are a must, with demonstrated ability to build effective teams, coach and motivate employees.
• Professional fluency in German, fluent in English. Other languages are a plus
• Willingness to set and maintain high standards of performance.
• Knowledge of effective merchandise presentation standards.
• Budget management experience.
• Understanding of basic retail concepts (gross margin, markdowns, KPI’s, P&L’s).
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; Knowledge of retail software tools will be a plus.
• Strong initiative and leadership skills.
• Entrepreneurial mindset
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Flexibility, ability to adapt quickly and react positively to business needs and changes in strategies.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
It’s a plus if you also have the following:
• Use/Knowledge of Patagonia products
• Personal or professional experience with outdoor sports
Other important details:
• This is a full-time position based in Munich.
• We strive to make unbiased decisions and to offer a great experience to every person who applies for a role at Patagonia. Our interviews include standardized questions that focus on the aspects that are important for success in the role. For this role there will also be a practical assignment, where you can showcase your skills.
• This is a shorter version of the job description. You can read the full outline of the job here:
Why join our store?
Our stores are designed to be hubs for our communities, where we inspire, educate and engage with environmental and social defenders and those who love wild places and outdoor sports. For example, we support local groups with grants, donations, volunteers, advocacy, and events.
You will join a passionate team working to protect the wild places around us and changing the retail industry for the better, whilst having fun together.
To find out more about what we offer our employees click here: https://eu.patagonia.com/nl/en/what-we-offer/
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies.