Wholesale Merchandiser (f/m/d)
Patagonia is an outdoor apparel company founded in 1973. At a time when all life on earth is under threat of extinction, we aim to use the resources we have—our business, our investments, our voice and our imagination—to influence changes needed to protect our planet. A registered B Corporation and founding member of 1% for the Planet, Patagonia is recognised internationally for its commitment to product quality and environmental activism, contributing over $145 million in grants and in-kind donations to thousands of grassroots environmental groups around the world.
We are in business to save our home planet. You’ll be helping us achieve this by making the right level of assortments for our wholesale partners, managing the stock in-season, supporting the sales teams to have all the tools required to ensure that we are providing the best experience to our partners and customers, whilst also insuring Patagonia’s brand standards are applied throughout
• Determine EMEA Wholesale assortment
• Manage monthly forecast of current seasonal stock
• Review & report on weekly, monthly & seasonal sales
• Set guidelines for Wholesale Planner on new seasonal forecast
• Work with planner at key forecasts to ensure correct balance of product to meet requirements
• Work with Wholesale sales teams to understand & then optimize a Wholesale assortment to meet their specific regional requirements
• Prepare & present new seasonal assortment intentions to Wholesale Sales Team
What we’re looking for:
• A love of the outdoors
• A passion for saving our home planet and making a positive impact through your work
• At least 2-3 years of proven merchandising experience, where substantial knowledge & application of merchandising has been acquired
• Experience in seasonal processes, good understanding of seasonality and its impact in business, preferably in apparel and/or outdoor industry
• Excellent computer knowledge and strong system skills such as: Power BI, PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel
• Strong presentation & communication skills
• Cross functional thinking, ability to work with different stakeholders
• Fluent English
It’s a plus if you also have the following:
• Experience with merchandise and assortment planning platforms (like 7thonline or similar)
• Wholesale business experience
• Experience with technical outdoor apparel products
Other important details:
• This is a full-time position, based in Amsterdam
• We have a hybrid work model, working from home for maximum 3 days per week
• We strive to make unbiased decisions and to offer a great experience to every person who applies for a role at Patagonia. Our interviews include standardised questions that focus on the aspects that are important for success in the role. For this roles there will also be a practical assignment, where you can showcase your skills
• This is a shorter version of the job description. You can read the full outline of the job here:
To find out more about what we offer our employees click here: https://eu.patagonia.com/nl/en/what-we-offer/
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies.