eCommerce Onsite Merchandiser (f/m/d)
Patagonia is an outdoor apparel company founded in 1973. At a time when all life on earth is under threat of extinction, we aim to use the resources we have—our business, our investments, our voice and our imagination—to influence changes needed to protect our planet. A registered B Corporation and founding member of 1% for the Planet, Patagonia is recognised internationally for its commitment to product quality and environmental activism, contributing over $145 million in grants and in-kind donations to thousands of grassroots environmental groups around the world.
We are in business to save our home planet. The role of eCommerce Onsite Merchandiser will help us achieve this by setting strategy and implementing and continuously driving an optimal experience of the EMEA range online with the aim to grow, engage and activate our customer base supporting our mission ‘we’re in business to save our home planet’.
The Ecommerce Onsite Merchandiser is responsible for our product onsite consumer journeys, strategically placing and arranging products in the online store on Patagonia.com – harnessing clean, strong visual elements representing Patagonia in alignment with the EMEA vision. The role will drive a balanced approach to eCommerce trading taking into account the Patagonia mission and it’s various aspects. The role supports commercial targets and collaborates with various functions delivering a strong customer experience in line with Patagonia’s mission.
Key functions this role collaborates with is Merchandizing and Planning, Supply & Inventory, Digital Marketing functions, eCommerce Operations & Customer Experience, Analytics and others to provide a strong Customer Experience on the ecommerce site eu.patagonia.com
• Responsible for product range being active on the site and appropriately merchandised
• Track performance of product online, analyses reports, discusses information and collaborates with the merchandising and planning teams to enable optimal visual assortments
• Support marketing tactics and align the marketing calendar, that generate incremental traffic to the store and to create deep engagement on the shopping and wider customer path when customers land onsite
• Partner with Merchandising Team to maintain solid understanding of brand priorities and ever-changing product assortment to deliver appropriate representation on-site
• Activate optimal visual assortments in-season and for end of season sale based on brand direction, sales plans and collaboratively created insights of selling history
• Identify and leverage information (technologies, technical specs, size charts, buying guides,… ) that informs, educates, and influences customer buying decisions
• Participate in the development and management of the eCommerce content calendar collaborating with eCommerce Marketing, Content and Product teams
• In collaboration with Buying and Merchandizing Teams own Visual Merchandising re-enforcing technical positioning for technical range and responsible positioning for sportswear range
• Support coordination of ecommerce merchandising requirements for campaign briefs
• Be highly involved in UAT site testing for development projects and the regular site walks to ensure 100% accuracy at all times
• Work closely with eCommerce CX on optimization of site merchandising through continual testing and refinement of site execution and provide recommendations to Ecom CX for onsite improvements.
• Have the ability to re-act in-season to quick changes in visual merchandising of site based on updated priorities
• Ensure website has best in class merchandising capabilities including up-sells, cross sells, enhanced content
• Reporting on e-Commerce trade performance including KPIs, providing data-driven insight, and conducting deep dives were needed to better understand shopping behaviours and trends
• Utilize customer feedback sources to make informed, customer-centric decision
• Act and think from a customer and community member perspective
What we’re looking for:
• A love of the outdoors
• A passion for saving our home planet and making a positive impact through your work
• Degree in business, marketing, commerce or a related field or equivalent years working
• 3 years min experience in eCommerce Onsite Merchandising and/or a related area
• Experienced in working with Salesforce Commerce Cloud or similar ecommerce platforms and other tools to support visual merchandising
• Knowledge and experience with Onsite Merchandising processes
• An understanding of e-Commerce UX, content and development projects, and intuitive knowledge of how users interact and shop in a digital environment
• Knowledge of web optimization processes and A/B testing concepts
• Knowledgeable of analytical tools for performance measurement, determine improvements and innovations
• Fluent in English; other languages (French, German and Italian) are a plus
• Top notch analytical skills. Proficient in analysing and interpreting the data to drive business decisions
• Very strong communications and influencing skills
• Ability and preference to work with a team in a collaborative environment
• Ability to work under pressure with challenging deadlines while maintaining data integrity and accuracy, and effective communication
• Excellent problem identification and escalation/reporting skills.
• Experience working with in an International business environment
Other important details:
• This is a full-time position, based in Amsterdam
• We have a hybrid work model, working from home for maximum 3 days per week
• We strive to make unbiased decisions and to offer a great experience to every person who applies for a role at Patagonia. Our interviews include standardised questions that focus on the aspects that are important for success in the role. For this role there will also be a practical assignment, where you can showcase your skills
Note: Below is only an indicative list and may change at the time an offer of employment is made.
• Events and workshops with environmentalists, change-makers, educators and sports ambassadors
• Taking part in employee-lead groups such as Sports, Internal Communications, Footprint, Pride, Pata Parents and Events, or create your own!
• Ongoing unique learning and development opportunities such as our own programme Earth University and workshops in anti-racism, core sports, among others.
• Possibility to apply for an Environmental Internship (spending time away from your regular job to work for an environmental group, while being paid your regular salary) after one year of employment
• Option to participate in our 1% for the Planet grants council, being trained and empowered to review and make funding decisions on the grant applications from environmental groups.
• We have dog-friendly offices where employees can bring their furry friend to work
• We are an activist company and have policies in place to support employees that want to engage in activism.
• All employees interns and their families have access to our Employee Assistance Programme, designed to provide third party, confidential support on a wide range of topics relating to emotional, behavioral and social challenges
• All employees and interns have access to Unmind, our workplace mental health platform
• Possibility to schedule your work hours flexibly (compensating missed hours during the week) to do volunteer work, care for loved ones, enjoy the outdoors, or spend more time to pursue your passions
• After 1 month of employment, it’s possible to work remotely from another location in EU/EEA, UK or Switzerland for up to 12 weeks per year (pro-rated for less than 1 year)
• Fully paid maternity leave (duration varies by country). After nine months of employment, we offer 12 weeks of partner leave and 12 weeks of adoptive leave. Pro-rated for part-time employees.
• Access to Patagonia discounts and sample sales, as well as discounts at other outdoor and value-aligned companies
• Plus other benefits specific to each region
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies